Saturday, March 27, 2010

SUNSET Tee

Introducing my first actual garment made out of Color Changing Cotton: Sunset Tee - a little summer top. Now we just need the weather to go with it...

Yarn: Color Changing Cotton 6ply in colorway SUNSET (2.5 skeins)
Where to get yarn: Wollesyarncreations.etsy.com
Needles: 4 mm (US 6)
Pattern: Tee for Two by Helene Rush
Changes made:
a)Instead of seaming the sides I did a 3-needle bind-off and then knit the sleeves in the round.
b)I added a knitted border in reverse stockinette around the neckline.

020 SUNSET Tee 018 SUNSET Tee 004 SUNSET Tee 008 SUNSET I + II

4 comments:

  1. wow that T is just stunning! i saw a post you made in the Rav Yarn Sales group about the Wolle's easter sale, but i didn't realize that you were actually the one running the shop! i adore your yarns and it's good to put a face to all that cottony dyed loveliness :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This Tee is a wonderful use of your truly spectacular yarns!! Will you make the pattern available? The "Orange Chocolate" is magnificent, tempting, I want an excuse to buy it, and this would be it (although I really was planning a vest. . . do you think I could make that work?)
    You are very talented, and I'm so glad you are sharing your talents with others this way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you all for your kind comments. Sorry I have not responded earlier.

    The pattern for the Tee is called "Tee for Two" and available from Knit One, Crochet Two.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's becoming fashionable to be environmentalist but anything that helps in preserving the Earth is good. linnegarn

    ReplyDelete