Friday, November 26, 2010

Knitting While Driving

Recently we (that is hubby and I) traveled to Pennsylvania for a fiber festival. We stopped at the Welcome Center and were greeted by this sign:

002 PA sign

Cute, isn't it? I liked it.
While driving and smiling (that is, I knitted and hubby drove), I worked on this vest for Wool-Aid:
043 Keep me Warm vest

This vest is for Wool-Aid's current Tibet campaign. More info about the campaign and all the wonderful Wool-Aid knitters is available on the website: wool-aid.org. Wool-Aid also has a wonderful group on Ravelry - check us out and join us!

The need in Tibet after the earthquake in April 2010 is overwhelming. Many of the children have summer clothes at best with the very cold winter approaching fast. I am very proud to be able to contribute to this cause even if it is only one vest at a time.

For this vest I used Brown Sheep's Worsted Superwash Wool doubled up with Knitpick's Palette wool (three skeins of each). On US #10 needles it was a quick knit. The vest almost fits me, so it will be perfect for a Tibetan teenager. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment